The concept of digital transformation has swayed almost every organization irrespective of their industry vertical or functional expertise. It won’t be overstated if we mention that the impact of the covid 19 pandemic has driven several businesses towards a scalable ecommerce website development through an online presence. The digital presence of a company which is propelled by an excellent web design Bangalore has indeed helped them to cope with the evolving customer expectations successfully. Digital presence indicates how a company appears online, regardless of whether it is through a website or a mobile application which are the primary requirements to sell online.
Earlier, a company’s digital presence was mostly confined to a static website or a PHP web application built on the popular LAMP such as Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP stack. But with the advent of leading-edge frameworks and APIs, the standards of website development have increased over the years. Frameworks thus have now emerged as an essential part of web development for establishing rich and interactive web applications.
A variety of frameworks are there today for both front i.e the client-side and backend i.e. the server-side web development. You can also use a web development framework with unique specialties. But one thing that you need to ensure is to choose the right framework as your website’s functionality and future depend on it. As a leading website development company in Bangalore, we have curated a list of the 13 most suitable front-end and 13 most suitable backend web development frameworks for 2022 to make the process easier for you.
What is meant by a Web Framework?
A web framework refers to a software framework that is basically developed to ease the process of building a website. It is the standard way to build as well as deploy web applications on the internet. The principal objective of frameworks for any web development company in Bangalore remains to automate the common activities that are performed during the development phase. These frameworks come with templates that allow presenting information in a browser or libraries for database access, code reuse capabilities, and session management.
Benefits of Using Web Frameworks
Frameworks come with a predefined codebase and proper guidelines for easy website development. Thus, it speeds up the overall development process minimizing the time-to-market.
1. Easy Maintenance and Debugging
Most programming languages do not provide much importance to code readability and maintenance. But most website development frameworks do that. Frameworks are also recommended for custom web development as they come with the ease of debugging and support.
2. Short Code Length
There is no need to write long codes for adding standard functionalities to a website with the frameworks as they come with code generation features to offer more simplicity and conciseness, thereby reducing the time and effort required by developers. Furthermore, frameworks provide tools and functions that help the developers automate regular tasks such as authentication, URL mapping, caching, etc.
3. Enhanced Security
Frameworks offer built-in security features and mechanisms that assist the developers to protect websites from the present as well as future security threats. By using frameworks, programmers can easily safeguard websites from various cyberattacks including data tampering, DDoS, SQL injections, etc. Also, there is an option for using open-source web frameworks so that security specifications can be customized for websites.
4. Bootstrap Development
Frameworks offer a variety of tools and packages to help developers bootstrap the overall development process. By using frameworks, developers do not need to write all scripts from scratch. Frameworks provide more ways to explore specific features as well just like an experienced developer. Also, frameworks handle most of the development processes right from the start and significantly reduce coding time simultaneously.
5. Enhances Code Efficiency & Reusability
Web frameworks offer a fast, responsive, and much more efficient coding environment for developers. In addition, frameworks come with enhanced features like hot reload and live reload, leading to quicker development cycles. Also, while using web frameworks, developers have the option of using the predefined codebase to make modifications and perform easy bootstrapping.
Frontend Web Frameworks and Backend Web Frameworks
Front-end and back-end are essentially the two major terms used in the arena of website development. Front-end and back-end frameworks function together to boost a website’s performance.
Frontend Web Frameworks
Front-end development indicates the part of a website that users see. These are also referred to as CSS frameworks or client-side frameworks. These are basically packages of prewritten code that the developers can use as the base to build on. Usually, front–end frameworks contain – a grid to organize design elements, prebuilt components like buttons, panels, etc., and defined font styles.
Backend Web Frameworks
Also referred to as server-side web frameworks, backend web frameworks help the development of web applications. Backend frameworks offer tools and libraries to simplify common web development tasks such as user authentication, URL routing, push notifications, database interaction, improving security, etc.
13 most popular Frontend Web Development Frameworks along with their Key Features
Front-end frameworks are important aspects of unique web design Bangalore that a professional web development company Bangalore would be able to provide. These frameworks decide the aesthetics, apart from determining the overall visual appeal, and user experience of your web application. Here, we present a list of the thirteen best front-end frameworks for 2022.
Initially released in 2010 as AngularJs, Angular has emerged to be one of the best front-end development frameworks. It was then improved by Google to a popular version with an objective to overcome the limitations of conventional frameworks. Angular is the only framework based on Typescript that supports two-way data binding, implying that the view and the model are well synchronized in real-time, and any modification in one can instantly be reflected in the other. Further, it is incredibly stable and has no reports of a critical breaking change yet in the last five years.
- Angular provides excellent tooling support as well as vast community support.
- It offers highly secure features like DOM sanitation.
- It is renowned for its secure client-side web framework
- It offers an end-to-end development experience.
React has gained immense popularity among enterprises and developers and is considered to be one of the most preferred Java frameworks as well as the most used front-end website development framework according to a recent Stack Overflow survey. Facebook developed and Released React.js in 2013, during their initial stages of growth when they were undergoing constant improvements due to additions of new features and required an efficient way to fix code maintainability issues. One of the most noteworthy features of React is attributed to its virtual Document Object Model (DOM) which basically enhances the framework with strong functionality. Furthermore, with the introduction of React Native- a cross-platform mobile development framework, it has now procured a significant share in the mobile market too.
- React is extremely flexible and can be used to develop applications for different kinds of user interfaces such as web, mobile, desktop, smart TVs, etc.
- React offers the best server-side rendering with SEO support when compared to other front-end frameworks.
- React features have already been tested with 2.7 billion Facebook users, and it has emerged as one of the most disruptive and innovative frameworks.
Vue was released in 2014 with a combination of the good parts of AngularJS and React. Since then, this framework has grown into one of the most popular and purely community-driven Web frameworks. Vue is a simple web development framework, has a small size and offers two-way data binding. Furthermore, the framework is component-based and it also has a visual DOM model, thereby making it a well-equipped as well as versatile choice.
- Vue offers an end-to-end application development functionality of Angular coupled with a View layer including external data flow features of React.
- This framework offers premium quality documentation and has a huge following in China and thereby offers Chinese documentation too.
- Vue is 100% community-driven, and therefore, it’s not driven by the need of any particular organization.
Ember is basically an open-source JS-based framework that was released in 2016. It is very popular for providing comprehensive solutions for both application flow and data management. It is a component-based framework and offers two-way data binding. It is a flawless and fast development framework with a steep learning curve because of its rigid structure. Renowned companies like Apple and LinkedIn use it for their purpose.
- The framework includes a group of APIs and is able to process similar tasks in one go.
- Ember has a router, services, and asset pipeline and it offers a complete front-end stack.
- By far, Ember has the best routing – meaning the URLs have route handlers that are enabled to view conceivable states of applications.
- Offers automatic updating of HTML code and 100+ extensions.
- Backbone has a unique backend syncing feature that provides great support to RESTful APIs.
- Developers can skip tedious coding using Backbone conventions.
Developers prefer Svelte for building interactive web pages as it offers clear-to-read HTML templating and pleasing aesthetics. It is an increasingly popular contender against React, Vue, and Angular being one of the modern web development frameworks. It is renowned for its improved reactivity, scalability, and speed.
- The design philosophy of Svelte is somewhat similar to Python and offers an excellent tutorial with a real-time interface.
- Svelte offers robust and excellent-looking APIs right from features to syntax, installation size, and semantics.
- It optimizes code during compilation, propagating the changes and alterations with a minimal overhead during runtime.
Preact is a JS-based framework that comes to be a faster alternative to React. It has a smaller size, and it is based on the ES6 framework which is significantly adopted by the JS developers’ community. It is more popular as a lightweight form of React and is suitable for developing more dynamic web applications.
- Preact offers less execution time which aids in keeping the framework under control.
- Preact comes with a faster virtual DOM library that gets batch updates being tuned for maximum performance.
- Preact uses standard HTML attributes and is lightweight and fun to use.
- It enables developers to be productive right from the beginning.
LitElement is a base class that is used to create quick and lightweight web components which will be able to work on any web page. It uses lit-HTML to offer the Shadow DOM. Furthermore, LitElement can add an API for the effective management of attributes and properties.
- Web components of LitElement can be easily shared across your organization
- The components can be used in your CMS, main document, as well as in a framework like Vue or React.
- Only the dynamic parts of your UI are rendered with LitElement as it uses lit-HTML and thus, DOM updates are also quick.
Alpine is probably the best option if you are working on a small project that only needs either one or two components. It is popular among developers because of its lightweight and it leaves a minimal footprint on the application.
- The most fascinating feature of Alpine is its size – which is only about 4 KB, it works fine with your front–end templates.
- Alpine is developer-friendly and it enables you to focus on development and less on configuration.
- It assists you to harness Vue, React, or Angular frameworks’ declarative as well as reactive nature at less cost.
10. ASP.NET Core
ASP.NET Core was basically an open-source web framework that was introduced by Microsoft along with the latest web development trends. It refers to a modular framework that has the ability to run on multiple platforms like Windows, Mac, or Linux.
- Offers one of the best tooling supports
- ASP.NET is regarded to be one of the fastest web application frameworks, apart from being lightweight and fast.
- Simplified and streamlined HTTP requests
- Flexible DOM enables components to be added or eliminated easily
12. Semantic UI
Semantic UI is probably one of the latest inclusions to the front-end web development frameworks. Launched in 2014, it is a unique framework exhibiting an intuitive UI. It has primarily been developed with the objective of establishing a language for sharing UI. The simple codes and usage of natural language, thereby making them self-explanatory and easy to use, even for newcomers.
- The framework offers rich UI components as well as elevated responsiveness and receptiveness.
- Integration with several third-party libraries ensures an optimized and unified development environment.
- The framework has superb functionality and simplicity.
Foundation can be considered as an advanced web development framework that is especially used for enterprise-level development. It allows the development of responsive, exquisite, and agile websites. It provides features like GPU acceleration for smooth animations. Fast mobile rendering also makes it a noteworthy framework among the developers.
- This framework enables customizing user experience for different devices
- It offers easy data interchange attributes implying that for mobiles it loads lightweight sections, and for larger devices, it loads heavy sections
- It is a mobile-friendly front-end framework that is available on the market
13 most Popular Backend Web Development Frameworks along with their Key Features
Backend frameworks have become an integral part of web development today. Finding the right framework is important for developers to ensure optimal performance and scalability. Here are the thirteen best backend frameworks for 2022.
Express.js or simply Express is basically an open-source web development framework that provides a robust middleware system primarily for Node. js-based applications. With routing and debugging features along with fast server-side programming, Express is probably one of the best backend frameworks. It is also easy to learn. Besides, it offers minimalistic functionalities and provides exceptional performance at the same time.
- It refers to mostly a server-side rendered framework. It includes minimalistic features and is the go-to server-side framework with Node.js.
- It offers end-to-end application development, as well as an MVC pattern with a view layer supporting more than 14 template engines, Middleware, routing, and templating.
- It is a stable framework.
Next.JS is actually a React framework that is used to develop single-page JS-based applications. It does not need configuration and that is why it is preferred for being a single command toolkit.
- Includes built-in CSS support enabling developers to import CSS files from JS.
- Provides next/image component allowing developers to optimize images.
- Offers Automatic TypeScript compilation for Angular development to be easier.
Django is a feature-rich, versatile and scalable framework that is very efficient when it comes to the development of database-driven websites. It is basically a Python-based framework that developers have adopted over the last decade. Django has gained immense popularity being one of the major server-side frameworks. Brands like Google, YouTube, and Instagram use it. The security features and speed of development coupled with a low learning curve render it one of the best backend frameworks of today.
- Django offers great documentation features.
- It has the edge over other frameworks for SEO optimization.
- It offers extensibility through the pluggable apps.
4. Ruby on Rails
Ruby on Rails was initially introduced as a framework that mainly supported the MVC pattern. It is regarded as a pioneering web framework that has also influenced several other frameworks in this list. Some of the advantages of Ruby on Rails include time-efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and increased scalability.
- Its ability to run its own set of tests on the code written saves time and effort in quality assurance.
- It caters to the localization feature in case there is a need to integrate a pre-designed code for a bigger project.
- It offers vast libraries to equip a developer with all the essential tools for high-quality development.
Laravel is a highly versatile framework and it comes with several out-of-the-box functionalities that are beneficial for enterprise web development. Laravel has a great ecosystem of toolsets to build web solutions using PHP quickly. It enables developers to be flexible and creative.
- Laravel includes an inbuilt ORM that assists the developers to query database tables without writing any SQL code and by using a simple PHP syntax.
- Laravel follows MVC architecture for a faster development process.
- It offers an innovative template engine allowing you to create more dynamic websites.
Gatsby is more popular among React Developers for crafting a superfast web experience that can be integrated with any of the preferred services. Gatsby is mainly used to build landing pages, blogs, and e-commerce sites.
- Offers a fully customized user experience.
- It’s secure as it is a static site generator which means that it doesn’t connect with the database or sensitive information.
- Gatsby follows a PRPL architectural pattern that was developed by Google.
Next is basically an open-source framework with an aim of making web development more simple and powerful. It is built upon Vue.js, and it offers excellent development features such as SEO improvement, automatically generated routes, and improved meta tags management.
- Nuxt is quite popular for providing a friendly experience – you get to check detailed documentation and also if there are any descriptive error messages
- It has a highly supportive community.
- It offers a modular architecture. Developers have the option of choosing from almost 50 modules for an easy and quick development process.
- Google analytics can easily be added and developers get the full benefits of a progressive web app.
Spring is renowned for evolving with the changing web development landscape and it has emerged to become one of the primary Web frameworks in Java-based development.
- It offers data access and transaction management.
- Testing support as well as other major technologies that primarily assist with validation, email, dependency injection, etc.
- Spring supports additional Cloud Native development, Batch processing, Event-driven application development, and much more.
Compared to other frameworks, Koa is smaller yet more expressive apart from providing a robust foundation for API. Koa is free from any Middleware and it allows developers to handle errors quite efficiently.
- Koa is mainly popular for using generators that can clean up all the mess in your code that might be caused by callbacks, thereby making the code more manageable.
- Koa’s development team has a great track record for the widely used ExpressJS. So, you are able to get excellent support.
- The framework has only 550 lines of code and so it is a lightweight one.
Nest offers a complete kit for the development of reliable, efficient as well as scalable server-side web applications. It is a NodeJS-based framework. Furthermore, with real-time rendering, Nest enables you to check how your app looks in the browser.
- It has a modular architecture that makes it flexible. Any other front-end library can be used with the framework.
- It provides a Dependency injection system to import the user module
- You can use controllers and services – thus it is easy to catch an exception if there are any errors.
Flask is originally a lightweight micro-web framework using Python programming language and is suitable for the development of small projects. But it also supports extensions to build large projects. This framework does not require specific libraries or tools.
- The framework supports modular coding to make the development simple.
- It helps to perform enhanced testing.
- It delivers high performance as it has only a few abstraction levels between the user and database/cache.
- Someone who is thorough with Python can easily learn Flask.
Phoenix uses a server-side MVC pattern and is based on the Plug library and the Cowboy Erlang framework. It is written in a programming language called Elixir. The platform was essentially developed to aid in the shaping of high-performing and scalable applications. It is regarded as a reliable back-end web development framework that also upholds productivity and fault tolerance.
- The framework continuously enhances the MVC architecture with new concepts to improve productivity and code maintainability.
- Using the in-built Presence and Channel technologies, real-time interaction between users and developers can be easily carried out to monitor connections
- Phoenix is a well-known platform for its features like a live dashboard and integrated instrumentation that aids in production.
CakePHP, which is one of the oldest development frameworks, was launched in 2005 primarily for PHP development. It is basically an open-source web framework following the MVC architecture. It provides a simple and secure platform for the development of both big and small projects. That is why CakePHP is a popular tool among developers. It employs data mapping, convention over configuration, active record, and several other popular concepts.
- It provides CRUD functionality to enable developers to create, update, and delete necessary actions within an application
- CakePHP employs a feature-rich ORM i.e. Object Relational Mapping technique for converting data
- It can very well be made functional across website directories without requiring much Apache configuration,
5 Features you should keep in your checklist Before finalizing a Web Framework
To finalize the perfect framework for your website, here are five things to keep in mind.
1. Good Documentation
Even code written by yourself sometimes can seem difficult to understand if you check it after a few months. However, when you are using frameworks, you are actually working with someone else’s code – so you should always go for a framework with good documentation and training to utilize the framework at the most and to its complete potential.
Though a framework cannot essentially replace coding standards and internal policies, choosing a good framework can definitely help you maintain consistency – especially in case your developers are working from different locations.
Choosing a framework that suits your requirements will surely give you an edge for a full-stack framework or if you just need only routing functionality. Therefore, you should first prioritize your specific needs and then evaluate different options.
4. Business Factors
If your business requires finalizing a framework, you can go for the framework used by the larger organization which is easy to use and popular. Therefore, you also need to keep in mind that there might be certain future risks in managing it.
You need to ensure that the framework you choose offers an active community for support. For using a framework, support remains an integral part of your web app without which you will need to maintain it yourself or rewrite the code.
The Final Word
It is very important to choose a framework that suits the nature of your project as choosing the correct tech stack for web development, including backend frameworks might not be so easy, but a lot actually depends on the application use case and also what technology pairs with it. Venturing into uncharted territory by merely experimenting with new frameworks can be a great learning experience as well. At IndGlobal, we believe that the above list of the most popular frontend and backend frameworks along with their features will help you choose the suitable one.
IndGlobal is a premium website development company in Bangalore, India, offering the most innovative web development services for the last decade. We have always remained a pioneer to use the latest digital trends to let our clients explore diversified business opportunities. Our team makes use of the best web development tools and frameworks to build a secure and stunning online presence for your business. Give us a call now to help you choose the right framework for your website.