Technologies keep coming with new versions with advanced features and functionalities. And it is the time when Adobe will release a new Magento 2.4.4 version. Adobe is marked for its predictable and straightforward developments and easy upgrades for organizations to adapt faster. They are now performing the beta testing of the new version post, which will release on April 12, 2022. Earlier, Magento 2.4.4 was scheduled to be released on March 8, 2022, but it was postponed. This latest version of Magento will be supported by PHP 8.1 and several other substantial upgrades.
Magento is one of the most popular eCommerce website development platforms currently being used by more than 270,000 companies across the globe. Magento store owners will soon be able to download the Magento 2.4.4 version from their official website after its release.
Indglobal- the best Magento development company in Bangalore contributing to an eminent Magento development, Bangalore has already carved a niche by venturing unparalleled benefits through its experienced Magento developers. In this blog, we tried to present the Magento 2.4.4 release highlights.
Power-up your Magento 2 Store by improving user experience, performance and conversion with more than 200 feature rich Magento 2 extensions
Magento 2.4.4 Beta Release; Key highlights
Adapting to a new version always comes with multiple challenges for the users. There are several advanced features and functionalities in the latest Magento 2.4.4 version. For the ease of adapting to the newest version, Adobe Commerce has decided to release four monthly beta versions of the latest Magento 2.4.4. The first version was released earlier on October 18, 2021, and the fourth version was released on January 10, 2022. The beta versions were removed to make Magento vendors more familiarized with the codebase and the other features. You can hire a professional Magento development company in Bangalore if you don’t have an in-house team to upgrade your store to the latest Magento 2.4.4 version.
Following are some of the key highlights of the Magento 2.4.4 release:
- Magento project libraries and dependencies are going to be compatible with PHP 8.1.
- Provision of Support for TinyMCE 5
- Removal of a maximum of the Vendor-bundled extensions (exception: Braintree).
- PWA Studio v.12.3.0 is going to be compatible with Adobe Commerce 2.4.4.
- Retrieving category information is possible using GraphQL query for a scheduled category update
- Support for the user’s time zone is included in the timestamp of the export filename.
- More optimized page builder table fonts as well as positioning.
- Enhanced module list load execution time.
- Fixed price sorting issues for the product prices equal to or close to zero.
- Admins will be enabled to test and verify custom date attribute format for storefront and self.
- Display related products, up-sell products and cross-sell products as per their position in the admin panel.
Magento 2.4.4 release coming soon! Read complete details here.
All You Need to Know About the Magento 2.4.4 Release:
Magento 2.4.4 is expected to develop some of the major bug fixes and performance enhancements. Below are a few points you need to know about the latest Magento 2.4.4 release.
Included Support for PHP 8.1
The key highlight of Magento 2.4.4 includes the Support for PHP 8.1. However, they have further stated that the Support will be taught after four months of the initial release so that vendors can have enough time to learn and adapt to the latest PHP version. Also, note that the Support for PHP 7.3 will be removed from Magento 2.4.4.
There will be multiple third-party dependencies in this latest Magento 2.4.4 release to keep the store secure, top-notch, and advanced with addition of more features and functionalities. Some of them are mentioned as below:
Updated System Dependencies
- System dependencies of ElasticSearch, Redis, MariaDB, MySQL, and Varnish etc, are going to be updated.
- Inclusion of a new, innovative, and highly advanced search & analytics suite referred to as OpenSearch, from Apache 2.0, licensed Elasticsearch 7.10.2 & Kibana 7.10.2.
Advanced Composer Dependencies
- It is believed to have composer dependencies to advance the PHPUnit/PHPUnit & laminas/laminas-code.
- The latest Magento 2.4.4 is not going to have laminas/laminas-crypt, or laminas/laminas-filter, laminas/laminas-i18n and the paragonie/sodium_compat libraries.
Improvements in the Built-In JS Libraries
- There is some improvement in jQuery, TinyMCE, Knockout, as well as the underscore library.
- Also, the Magento 2.4.4 version is expected to say good-bye to Modernizr, es6-collections, along with FormData.js & MutationObserver.js library.
JS NPM Dependency
- Grunt-autoprefixer is expected to be removed in the latest Magento 2.4.4 release.
The Vendor Bundled Extensions separated
Adobe Commerce has tried to separate the majority of Vendor Bundled Extensions from the core so that the merchants can have quicker access to find and search features and capabilities effortlessly and instantly.
- They removed all Vendor-Bundled extensions only except Braintree.
- The merchants will be able to migrate to the following official extensions that are available below:
- Amazon Pay
- Improvements in cart operations and order validation processes
- Sales optimization while checking out
- It will have the latest ElasticSearch version (7.16.1) and OpenSearch 1.1.
Enhancements in the platform
- An upgraded Adobe Composer dependency.
- JS library is required to be upgraded to the latest version.
- PHPUnit is expected to be upgraded to 9.5.x.
- It will provide Support for TinyMCE 5.
- jQuery UI will be upgraded to the latest version (v1.13.0).
Enhanced Performance features
- Improved cart operations.
- Added ‘Enable Inventory Check On Cart Load’ feature on the configuration option.
- Improvements in Order validation process.
- Sales optimization is smooth during checkout.
- Inclusion of the latest ElasticSearch version (7.16.1) as well as OpenSearch 1.1.
- Updated GraphQL cart operations performance.
- Improved core GraphQL library.
- Support for setting the payment method is provided on a negotiable quote.
- Fixed GraphQL translation issues along with multi-site and multi-language.
- Improved storage performance configuration settings.
Bundle Products services
- Added Support to include bundle products with fixed product tax.
- Fixed cron for clearing product category cache for bundle products.
- Inclusion of an Optimized cache cleaning algorithm.
Cart and Checkout Processes
The latest Magento 2.4.4 is expected to fix the minimum advertised price-link issue.
It will also provide support to guest shoppers for a smooth checkout.
It will also offer an improved free shipping threshold for table rates.
- Improved mass attributed update for product grid those having a “datetime” attribute.
- Support to retrieve information regarding scheduled updates using the GraphQL queries.
The latest Magento 2.4.4 is expected to offer good and improved positioning of Insert/Edit images along with Insert/Edit Link pop-up windows.
They have fixed the issues of the Text Editor for a banner.
Not all dynamic blocks can be converted into one single language during the upgrade.
Official Notes for Magento 2.4.4 Release
Magento has fixed almost above 250 quality issues and enhanced it for an improved performance which needs a mention apart from the highlights that we mentioned above. Magento store owners and Magento developers can download Magento 2.4.4 release notes easily from their official website. The direct links for this purpose is provided below:
- Magento 2.4.4 Release Notes for Commerce
- Magento 2.4.4 Release Notes for Open Source
“To make sure that this release delivers the highest standards of security along with quality, the pre-release period for Adobe Commerce customers had been planned for March 29, i.e. two weeks prior to the general availability date of April 12 and it is for both Adobe Commerce and Magento Open Source.”, mentions Adobe.
Magento 2.4.4 release is just on its way. The year 2022 will be marked with excellent Magento 2 features after this release. Magento 2 store owners will soon be able to Upgrade the Magento 2 store from the previous version of Magento 2.4.3 release to the latest and advanced Magento 2.4.4 release to embellish their store with leading-edge Magento features until the release of the next version, i.e., Magento 2.4.5. It would be a good idea to adapt to changes and bring upgrades to your Magento store. Suppose you wish to develop a brand new Magento online store for your business. In that case, you can hire a Magento developer from IndGlobal, one of the leading Magento development companies in India with a proven track record and an impressive portfolio over the past decade. Stay tuned with us for the latest Magento updates.
IndGlobal- Your perfect Digital Transformation Companion!
Let us compose your business success story by inculcating innovative, scalable and result-driven IT solutions.
Do you possess a potential idea to bring a change in the world? Share with our experts and rely on us to help you to achieve it.
What We Do
- Magento Development
- WordPress Development
- Website development
- Software development
- Mobile App Development