“Building a quality website is never an expense but rather an investment.” ― Dr. Christopher Dayagdag.
An excellent website can indeed fuel your business expansion by enhancing customer retention and driving higher sales by rendering a notable first impression. Websites are undoubtedly one of the essential powerful marketing tools for your brand. There are essentially three ways to build a website: either you can craft it with a website development company in Bangalore, WordPress, or hire a professional web developer in Bangalore.
The option you pick impacts the overall cost of building your particular web design in Bangalore. If you prefer to work with a web development company, it might cost you as low as $10, whereas WordPress can increase that price to somewhere within the $11 and $50 range per month. However, hiring a website designer is the most expensive option, with a price tag of over $10,000. This variation emerges from several factors like technical complexity or the duration of the development process. And also, this estimation differs from company to company based upon their experience, skills, and expertise.
In this blog, we tried to present an overview of all three methods, thereby giving you a rundown of all the total costs involved, so it will be helpful for you to choose the best option for your budget.
Do You Believe that It’s Hard to Know the Web Development Cost? Here is Why!
One of the most common questions that many entrepreneurs ask is how much it approximately costs to develop a website. But no one can quote an exact price as website development services vary depending on the project type and several factors that ultimately determine its worth. It remains all about-
- How complex is your web development plan?
- Do you want the web designer to handle domains, hosting services, and plugins for you? Or do you wish them to design and build your website?
- Do you need them for the ongoing maintenance of your site?
- What sort of features do you wish to include?
- Number of Pages on your website.
- Do you want the designer to customize a template? Or do you want them to build your website entirely from scratch?
- Business Model and Strategy
- Tools, Technology & Platform
You’ll need to be ready with all this beforehand to get an accurate quote.
An approximate budget to Develop a Website- The Estimations
The standard cost of developing a website, as per research, usually falls within the range of $1,000 to $50,000 and more. Follow the below-mentioned data for better clarification.
- The expense could be somewhere within $1,000 and $10,000 to build a website for a small business.
- However, to create a standard website based on your necessities, one might need to spend between $100 and $500. The average cost of a customized and feature-rich site can go as high as $10,000 or more.
- To create more feature-rich and sophisticated websites, you may need to shell out even more from $2,500 to $5,000.
On average, it might be required to spend around $200 to build a simple website, with an additional cost of about $50 per month to maintain it. This estimate is a bit higher if you hire a designer or developer – there, you can expect an upfront cost of around $6,000, with an additional charge of $1,000 per year.
|Website Development features||Approximate cost|
|Domain name||$12 – $60|
|Hosting services||$35 – $600|
|SSL Certificates||$0 – $200|
|Website templates||$0 – $200|
|Website Content||$0 – $2,000|
|Ecommerce functionalities||$20 – $5,000|
|Apps and Integration||$0 – $100|
|SEO and Marketing||$0 – $90|
There are three main ways to build a website:
- Use a professional website development company in India.
- Build WordPress on your own if you are technically proficient.
- Hire a web designer.
The method you choose will have an impact on your website development costs.
Choosing a leading website development company in Bangalore will be a cost-effective option to build a website. At the same time, WordPress is a free, open-source platform, where you need to pay for hosting, themes, and plugins, and even for professional help from a developer, which can add up to your total cost. And hiring a web designer is going to be an expensive option as that offers the highest levels of complex functionality. Still, it can be the best choice if you need absolute control over the customization of the website.
We’ll present an overview of each option; explore the various costs involved, and seek suitable opportunities to get the most out of your money.
Now, one obvious thing is that various factors influence the ultimate website development cost, so let us learn about the factors affecting the price of a website.
Factors Affecting the Cost of Website Development
1. Size of the Project- The Larger the Project, the Higher is its Value
Depending on your project, a simple website can charge you around $1500, while a website with more advanced functionalities can cost you up to $10,000.
The size of the project encompasses the following:
- The number of pages to be designed.
- SEO type.
- Database requirements (if any).
A professional website development company in Bangalore that has experience working on such projects will charge you more than someone with less experience. However, if you are only looking to create a simple website, relying only on an expert is not necessary to get the best work. But, if you need to design more complex websites with various modules, additional features, and great interfaces, you must seek an expert who will deliver that perfectly. Besides, if the number of pages is going to be more on your website, it will undoubtedly be more time-consuming and an average-sized website which will further increase the cost.
Additionally, if you include more technicalities and your site design and development, such as coding or some extra features and functionalities, the overall price goes up.
2. Style and Web Designing- Does Your Brand Require a Basic Website or a Flashy One?
Your website’s style is undoubtedly critical as it impacts your web page’s overall aesthetics. It can be simple and professional and complex and flashy too. The more custom your website style is, the more its cost. A unique and trendy website will cost you more than a basic page with minimal functionalities. If you wish to have multiple pages on your site with more distinct structures and modules, the team will need to work longer to craft these “unique designs,” which will add to the overall cost.
3. SEO Integration for Your Website to Rank Higher in the Search Results
“A website without SEO is like a car with no gas.”
SEO or Search Engine Optimization can improve your site’s visibility in search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo. SEO affects the cost of building a website to make your website visible on search engines. You must get help from an experienced web design company that does SEO and website design. SEO services ensure your site is searchable by all major search engines, giving it a good count in terms of visitors’ count and the number of conversions. SEO integration may cost you higher if you want to have multiple pages since each page on your website needs on-page SEO work.
4. Database Integration- How Much Information is Your Website gonna Have?
A database stores all the necessary information on your website. To set up a dynamic website that enables people to search for data and have relevant information stored inside it, you need a robust database to help you integrate multiple functions on the web pages.
However, there are several types of databases. For instance, MySQL allows you to store data for online forums and blogs, and Oracle and MS SQL are more suitable for E-commerce sites.
5. Experience of the Web Development Team– Of course, an experienced professional will charge you higher than a beginner in the web development field. You can determine the price of your website based on the requirements. What matters the most is who can provide you with better work and more value for money at the end of the day.
6. CMS Development- WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal
If you plan to include an efficient content management system for your website, it can cost you anywhere between $3000 to $7000. CMS helps you maintain your website and lets you post or edit the site’s content anytime. Several companies use CMS systems like WordPress, Joomla! and Drupal as they are open source and easy to manage.
- WordPress is one of the most popular, accessible, and open-source CMS used around the globe. It is easy to set up, simple, and search engine friendly.
- Joomla is another handy open-source CMS with several professional features such as multi-lingual support, multi-user support, and user roles. It also offers extensive security settings with customizable templates and layout options.
- Drupal is one of the famous CMS systems used among professionals because of its flexible content management features. Drupal can be used to create all kinds of websites, like blogs, online magazines, portals, business sites, etc.
7. Additional Features- a Blog Module or Online Store Module.
Having a blog and online store, etc., will require you to work with an experienced web developer who is proficient in working with such systems and knows how it works precisely. Extra features or modules can prove to be a significant factor in deciding the overall cost of your website development. These modules that can add up to the price of an entire e-commerce site could be:
- Hosting services: Hosting is an essential part of website development as it helps people find your site. Usually, it is done at a monthly price. But few companies provide free hosting services and your domain modules.
- The Blog module: If you wish to include a blog on your website, you need an experienced web designer who can integrate the blog with the site.
- Online Store Module: If you are looking for an online store, it is always better to have it built on your website to enjoy the benefits rather than third-party websites.
- Domain name: It’s required to check on the availability of your preferred domain name, which a web professional can do through a third-party company before you proceed with your project. Once it is verified, development can begin. Else, you would need to opt for another domain name.
How Much Does the Basic Features of Business Website Development Cost?
Here is a quick summary of the cost of three essential features for website development.
|Website Design||$1000 to $5,000 / design|
|Website Maintenance||$300 to $12,00 / year|
|Marketing and promotion||$2,50 to $12,00 / month|
A business website development on an average can cost you hundreds of thousands of dollars. The price ranges from $1,000 to $5,000, while website maintenance per year can go from $300 to $1200. These costs, however, rely on the features as well as size of your website.
Cost of a Website Based on Your Website Development Partner
Option 1. Developing the project with an In-House Team
The typical cost of employing an in-house team comes to around $500,00 per year, and it includes the accounting, taxes, team’s salary, the office, and maintenance costs.
- Much reliable as they are working for you.
- Chances of miscommunication are reduced as the client here, and the website developers are on the same page regarding the web development.
- Easier to control all activities in his web development project,
- Project assigning is convenient depending on the project requirement.
- In-house resources might not be available on a full-time basis, especially if the company has many projects going on simultaneously.
- Getting new clients and projects may require more time as the team is already committed to the in-house project.
- The team may not have adequate experience compared to a leading website development company in India.
- They might not be aware of the latest web design technologies/tools required to create an entire website.
- Sometimes it may be a bit expensive.
Option 2. Hire a proficient Website Development Agency
Hiring an efficient website development agency will cost you-
- Approximately $1000 to $5,000 on design and development
- Approximately $1,000/year for maintenance
- Approximately $250/month on marketing
- The more straightforward website design process as they are more accessible.
- They are pretty aware of the latest web design technologies/tools required to create a full website.
- Availability for project work, as the company might be located in the same city.
- Easy and convenient control of the projects at any time
- Easy supervision and review meetings.
- These may be a bit more expensive as there might be an additional cost of logistics/traveling, resources relocation, and training.
- There is a risk of miscommunication and misinterpretation.
- The website development project is mainly managed by the agency only.
Option 3. Hiring a Freelance Team or a Freelancer
- Freelancers can provide good value for money as they charge comparatively less than an agency.
- It is easy to monitor the development process closely.
- Freelancers are available for project work if they do not have other projects in hand.
- Freelancers may not be as experienced and knowledgeable as efficient web developers.
- They cannot offer complete project management as they work on several projects simultaneously.
- There is a risk associated with copyright violation as the client may ask to retain all code, documents, etc.
- It is sometimes challenging to monitor the project development progress.
Option 4. Outsourcing your project to a proficient Web Development Company
- Outsourcing your project to web development companies can provide outstanding value for money, as the work is cost-effective.
- There is an option to keep the entire project under a single roof, reducing the effort required to coordinate with multiple parties.
- They offer fantastic expertise and experience.
- Offshore companies may not be very easily accessible as they are located abroad.
- Offshore companies cannot provide the same accessibility to the client as local agencies can.
- There is a risk of miscommunication due to the language barrier.
You must have felt that calculating website development costs is not so easy. Several factors affect the total cost, and you should be well equipped to handle them to avoid surprises later.
Your website is the face of your brand. This is why it should be well-designed so that it can attract more visitors and conversions. Hence, we recommend hiring the top website development company in Bangalore to expand your business exponentially! Hiring Indglobal is the most convenient option to build an elegant website and is best for:
- Technical novices
- Anyone who needs a website within a quick period
- Personal websites and portfolio designs
If you have any second thoughts about the cost of website development, get in touch with our experts at the link given below.