eLearning Management System
Corporate training and traditional education revolve around the idea of gathering students in one space and talking to them before quizzing them about how much information they have absorbed. The rise of electronic learning, or E-learning App and Software Development Services in Jigani & Bommasandra have diminished many boundaries over the years, making learning more interesting with remote access. The latest developments in eLearning have introduced smartphones, and we have mobile learning at the forefront of the field.
What is an eLearning System?
An eLearning system or an Electronic Learning System is an educational platform that ensures learning over the internet. As an E-Learning Software Companies in Jigani & Bommasandra, we understand that learning through an ELearning system results in convenient, flexible, and efficient learning experiences and improved results. It is also compatible with almost all the fast-changing industrial workforce and relies completely on online systems.
What is LMS?
LMS is an acronym for the learning management system. It is an eLearning term that describes a system capable of managing the ELearning courses and lessons. Originally, an LMS only managed the educational material, but recently Custom eLearning Solutions in Jigani & Bommasandra have come equipped with authoring tools and a more holistic approach.
Things an ELearning System should do
The name Learning Management System describes the whole work process of an LMS. The word “SYSTEM” refers to a software program developed to process and deliver your training or educational material, track its usage, and provide reports on your progress. The word “MANAGEMENT” describes the administrative functions of the system. Once the whole software is set up, it starts to work automatically. The word “LEARNING” is the main function of this system irrespective of the type of knowledge gained through the system.
Summarizing, an LMS should enable you to organize the material into lesson plans and courses, keep track of student activities, and make the data available for your access and let you know how well your goals are being achieved.
Features of a balanced ELearning System
- eLearning authoring tools let your set up your lessons and course plans according to your content.
- Complete and real-time interactivity from any place at any time.
- Mobile-friendly platform development due to the increasing use of smartphones.
- A reliable hosting method to make the educational or training material available as needed.
- An eLearning system should be scalable and should have the room to grow when needed.
- Proper technical support should be a part of an efficient eLearning system.
- An eLearning system should be cost-efficient and affordable.
- The system should provide complete analytics and report to improve your course tactics through user feedback.
- The ELearning System should be protocol-compliant such as SCROM, Tin Can API, IMS LTI, and AICC.
- To make learning interesting, an LMS can add game elements into the system.
What is LMS Integration?
Integration is similar to blending more than one ingredient. The integration of software enables the mixing of different tools or functions that increase the efficiency of Custom e-learning systems in Jigani & Bommasandra.
Suppose your company or educational organization has a fully functional electronic learning system. To keep it updated, the company decides to integrate its legacy online learning system with additional platforms that provide new features instead of replacing it. This means that you do not have to start from scratch and have a few new aspects added to your system without trouble.
Parts of an ELearning System
Microlearning is a process that involves educating the user using easy-to-remember and small-sized chunks of information. The ability to absorb tons of information from a single lesson is nor possessed by everyone. Breaking a course down into smaller components has proven to improve the learning efficiency of many people. The efficiency of microlearning makes it effective and a better choice of education compared to traditional training. Incorporating the idea of microlearning in corporate, retail, or general pieces of training improves the learning efficiency of students making the learning process successful.
As the number of smartphone users rises in numbers, mobile-first applications are bound to rise, especially in the business environment. Giving learners the choice of learning on their smartphones increases the convenience of attending lessons and improves the efficiency of the entire learning process in a simple manner.
Very few places have the appropriate broadband internet infrastructure that allows an organization to send large course files to score an individual. Doing so would also imply updating information and control; the version of software becomes difficult to manage. In such cases, a cloud-based ELearning system can help you overcome all challenges by enabling quick and easy course structure updates for all your learners/users and allow them to access new information instantly.
Electronic Learning System Templates
Besides all the convenient learning experience, it is still easy to answer numerous multiple-choice or true-false questions. An efficient ELearning system consists if a variety of templates for you to choose from. This functionality will help learners answer the same types of questions in different formats. Interesting question templates and patters include word searches, swipe-right lessons, and many more. Adding small evaluations to every lesson helps keep assessment easy and learning a fun experience.
Games and Prizes
Even the most enthusiastic learners can become pessimistic and apathetic when it comes to attending the latest training. Adding incentives to the learning experience works as a motivation and efficient stress relieving agent. An efficient electronic learning system will have options for users to earn reward points for correct answers and well-timed answers. Providing such functionalities bring about a level of competition and makes learning a motivating experience and not the chore it is frequently regarded as.
Advantages and Disadvantages of ELearning
- LMS allows you to link different resources in several varying formats.
- It is an efficient way of delivering online courses.
- The convenience and flexibility of ELearning systems allow global access anytime, anywhere.
- From part-time students to full-time students, anyone can take advantage of a web-based learning system.
- Web-based learning promotes active independent learning processes.
- Having a 24/7 internet access allows you to be flexible with your time and location while learning.
- ELearning is convenient, flexible, and allows you to be an independent student.
- The functionality of discussion boards and chats allow users to clear doubts and interact with other students.
- The learning data can be presented in different formats like text, images, audio, or video, making the learning experience interesting.
- Most online assessments are subjected to objective questions only, making it an easy assessment.
- There is a problem with the security extent of online learning programs.
- The authenticity of a student’s work cannot be proved as on online class assessments, anyone but the student can complete the project.
- Computer-based assessments are often only knowledge-based and fail at being practical-based, decreasing certain system efficiencies.
What is an Online Learning Platform?
An online learning platform, also known as the ELearning platform, is a digital space where learning material is hosted and delivered online. On the other hand, LMS is a software platform that provides tools for L&D development and uninterrupted learning. As a leading eLearning service provider, we offer the best Custom eLearning Solutions in Jigani & Bommasandra.
“Essentially, all LMS learning is technically eLearning, but not all eLearning is done in an LMS.”
How to manage Online Classes?
Online classes are easily tracked, measured, and reported through an LMS. Some LMS systems have analytical functionalities built-in to the LMS, making it easy for users to access all information through results. This functionality allows the analysis and targeted actions on the results to ensure better learning for the users. Furthermore, features like Discussions and assignments help manage online classes and maintain an easy coaching and mentoring process through online conversations. This functionality ensures that participating learners are absorbing and using their knowledge appropriately.
Most Popular LMS Software
Edmodo is a social learning service that provides game tools to make an engaging learning experience.
Schoology is a student-centric LMS that improves collaboration and sharing for a better learning experience.
Mindflash is a cloud-based LMS that makes creating and editing courses easy for your organization.
Canvas LMS is designed with blended functionalities of learning programs and learning pathways.
Coassemble is packed with an intuitive and powerful tool that makes sharing of information easy.
Top Trends related to ELearning Systems
- Mobile Learning
- Social Learning
- The Inevitable Rise of Immersive Technology
- Work-life Skills Coming to the Fore
- Video-Based Learning
- Adaptive Learning Going to the Next Level
- Big Data in Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- Gamification and Game-Based Learning
- Content Creation
Why choose IndGlobal?
As a leading LMS service provider, our LMS solutions are incorporated with various benefits including Simple Administration, Seamless Documentation, Constant Tracking, Convenient Reporting, Quick Delivery, Sound manageable Back-end work, well-informed organization, and attractive designs. We offer the most cost-effective and efficient eLearning management systems and strive to be the best in the market.
FORTUNE 500 CLIENTS
Frequently Asked Questions
the basic LMS modules of IndGlobal are:
- User management
- Reports and Dashboard
- Social media timeline feature
Yes, our LMS supports multilingual user interface with an option to switch from one language to another.
Our LMS can be seamlessly integrated with existing organizational systems like HRMSCRM, HCM and ERP (e.g. SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft) Custom.