Created by Magento Inc, Magento was released 15 years ago on 31 March 2008, written in PHP language. Magento Commerce has been consolidated with Adobe into Adobe Commerce with no change in Magento Open-Source support and branding. Magento is a popular e-commerce platform with several benefits, advantages, disadvantages, and more. Here, in this blog, we will study Magento and find out why it is on top of the online e-commerce platforms.
What is Magento?
Magento is an e-commerce platform built on open-source technology to be accessible to the public. It has a feasible shopping cart system for online merchants to control their e-commerce store’s look, content, and functionality.
Magento is preferable for a business or an individual who wants to develop a professional and long-run e-commerce store. The user has to focus on understanding some technology and the English language to create an e-commerce business site with this open-source platform.
What is Magento Extension?
It is a package of codes that helps achieve Magento’s features and functionalities. From a technical point of view, it is a directory that includes PHP and XML files in controllers, blocks, and models applicable to business functionality.
To get more information about Magento development and its services, connect with the professional team of expert developers from the leading Magento development company in Bangalore and solve your queries to create your profitable online business store.
Benefits of the Magento E-commerce Platform
Let us check out some of the top benefits of the Magento platform.
1. Customizability and Scalability
- Magento’s e-commerce platform provides access to two thousand extensions built by developers to allow online merchants to tailor their websites according to their needs without coding.
- From adding payment gateways to setting up programs, everything is available in the Magento marketplace for every business owner to expand their organization functions online.
- Also, Magento offers free plugins by certified partners with no contract signing fees.
2. Open-Source Platform
- Magento is an open-source platform that allows the creation of online business stores to sell online products. The free platform caters to effective Magento e-commerce development.
- E-commerce developers can access the source code to create online websites with multiple features and functionalities. Magento web developers can customize and modify Magento Community Edition and Magento Enterprise Edition, the former being free and the latter with a price tag.
- You can download Magento Open Source from Magento’s website for free with no license fee. But, to make your website operative, you pay some amount for Magento web development and design services.
- Magento commerce platform guarantees high-quality websites to help you stay ahead of the competitors as it is based on refined technology.
- You can try the Magento plugins or extensions to add more features and functionalities to your online business store.
4. Various Website Management
- Whether you are a startup business or an established organization, choose Magento to develop several online stores with a single Magento installation.
- The platform helps you manage product updates, billing, user needs, stock, and inventory of multiple businesses using a single panel.
- Magento also creates an expansive customer reach with various online business stores under one website.
5. Great Security
- It is essential to ensure high-security standards of the e-commerce business platform to offer customers a safe shopping experience. And, if security is your priority, the Magento platform is your pick. The e-commerce platform has in-built security features.
- The security center by Magento provides customers with necessary information about security patches, security updates, and security practices whenever they need it.
- When we compare Magento with other e-commerce website development platforms, it is less liable to attacks and cybercrimes. Magneto has security components that prevent security hazards to let users choose to develop their online business store.
6. Global Support
- Magento e-commerce development has a rich community of professional and dedicated developers, providers, e-commerce experts, users, and leaders. This community has been seized with an enthusiastic fondness to help each other by sharing knowledge.
- For any organizational issue, you can contact expert Magento web developers for wise solutions for your business websites. They make it impossible for you to run out of plugins and extensions. You can get what you want to enhance your e-commerce store.
Top Features of Magento E-commerce Platform
Magneto has various remarkable features such as
- Category management
- Global support
- Client Account
- Product management
- Promotional and marketing tools
- Customer service
- Inventory management
- Search technology
- Analyzing and reporting
The Difference Between Magento 1 and Magento 2
Now let us find the main differences between the two Magento e-commerce platforms- Magento 1 and Magento 2.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Magento E-commerce Development
Every e-commerce website development platform has pros and cons. Let us check them further-
Advantages of Magento E-commerce Platform
- The platform is flexible for the users.
- The Magento platform has a rich feature and functionality list.
- The community is supportive and assists users with their issues.
- The platform has all the necessary tools to create a responsive e-commerce business store for several devices.
- The Magento e-commerce platform is scalable to support multiple products on a single server.
Disadvantages of the Magento E-commerce Platform
- The Magento e-commerce platform is not suitable for beginners.
- Slow website loading time.
- The platform demands a large server to function seamlessly.
- The customer requires robust hosting to access Magento Open Source.
- The first step needs a lot of effort which does not make it a choice for fast e-commerce store development.
How Secure is Magento Website Development?
Security is the prime factor for the success of Magento. The platform offers high functionalities and features to safeguard the online business store from cyber-attacks. Also, from the customer’s point of view, they always want to select online stores with secure business transactions.
Therefore, Magento is the right choice for building a fully secure e-commerce online business store.
How Much Does Magento E-commerce Development Cost?
The Magento community edition is free. To add more customizations and functionalities, the users can add extensions to the store.
In Magento Enterprise Edition, several features are available that are not in Magento community edition, so the cost depends on the user’s requirements.
Magento Payment Gateways
Magento’s e-commerce platform has default payment gateway options such as credit cards and PayPal. Also, users want to use extensions or plugins to localize their checkout process and extend the choice of the customer’s payment options. There is no need to add multiple extensions for different payment methods.
Top Brands that Use Magento
Some of the recognized brands that have used Magento to develop their online stores are-
- Land Rover
- Fred Perry
- Victoria Beckham
- Rebecca Minkoff
- Christian Louboutin
The Editions of Magento 2
There are two editions of Magento 2-
- Magento Open Source.
- Magento Commerce.
Magento Open Source
Magento Open Source was previously known as Magento Community Edition. The platform is free to download. In this edition of Magento, you get basic functionalities and features. As an online merchant, you can include features you require in your web store. All this will charge an extra cost like development cost, domain cost, hosting service cost, and many more.
Previously called Magento Enterprise Edition, Magento Commerce is a paid version built by the Magento web development team. To use the platform, the customer has to pay an annual fee to get the license for expected yearly business sales and revenue. Also, you need to pay extra money to render services like databases, technical staff, and web servers.
Whichever platform you choose to develop your e-commerce online store, our Adobe Commerce Development Bangalore service providers are always available to cater to your needs and create the best online business store to run your organization effectively.
Multiple e-commerce web development platforms are available in the online market. Some of them are simple to use as compared to the Magento e-commerce platform, but none of them offers the flexibility, features, functionality, and scalability that are required to run an online business.
Therefore, to run a business store online, finding the right platform that meets your business requirements is essential. Magento can meet all your organizational needs as it has a packed solution with a strong community of developers and supporters.
This write-up on Magento e-commerce development, its benefits, advantages, and disadvantages serve as a convincing reason to choose Magento and develop your online e-commerce store. Let Magento help your organization get desired profits and revenues.
And, if you are interested in knowing more ways to drive more business sales, feel free to connect with the skilled web developers from the top Magento website development company in Bangalore, Indglobal Digital Private Limited. It is all about connecting with us and staying ahead to make an informed decision about your business.