ELearning market is substantially growing with almost 79% of organizations planning to spend more on online training in 2021 than they did the previous year. The global lockdown of the enterprise offices as well as the educational institutions caused by the recent COVID-19 pandemic has driven the increased demand for eLearning technologies to enable the corporate training and academic education in an entirely remote environment. With automated learning administration and remote access to the learning content, its scalability, and flexibility, learning management systems appeared a much suitable option not only for businesses but also for academic education providers. During 2020, LMS usage significantly increased from 82% to 84%. Being the most dominating segment on the eLearning market for almost 41% of organizations, LMS development in Bangalore has currently secured its place among the most anticipated learning software purchases for 2021.
Corporate LMS- The essence
A corporate learning management system in Bangalore or an eLearning software is basically designed to help organizations to offer personalized flexible training to their employees as well as their customers, and external partners. A corporate LMS generally acts as a centralized system hosting learning content, thereby enabling access to it regardless of the learners’ location and automating the learning process. Larger Companies also use corporate LMSs to manage the employee professional development, simultaneously delivering onboarding and compliance training to employees to ensure that they remain competitive and compliant with leading edge industry-specific regulatory requirements.
Benefits that corporate LMS brings along for business
- Reduced employee training costs through remote, automated training and the learning content reusability.
- Reduced employee turnover.- approximately 94% of the employees say that they would stay at a company for a longer time if it invested in their learning and professional development. A corporate LMS can certainly help businesses increase employees’ motivation by providing various upskilling and reskilling programs for career promotion, theoretically increasing employees’ job satisfaction and reducing employee turnover.
- A Streamlined onboarding. A corporate LMS ensures creation and delivery of several induction courses, which helps the companies simplify and thus speed up employee onboarding.
- Ensured compliance. Businesses can ensure that their staff keeps up with industry-specific standards and regulations, if they deliver relevant compliance training to employees, which will help reduce the risk of potential penalties for non-compliance.
- Improved training coverage. Using a corporate LMS, larger and international businesses can provide consistent effective training for employees spread across multiple locations all over the world.
CoreFeatures of corporate LMS
- Support of multiple learning styles, including web-based, offline, social, and blended learning.
- Automated process of Course assigning and scheduling.
- Tracking each learners’ attendance and progress as well as departments and company branches..
- Provision of Learning assessment via quizzes and tests.
- Collecting learners’ feedback through polls and surveys.
- Compliance training and management with eLearning standards like SCORM and xAPI.
- Integration with ERP, CRM and HR systems and learning content creation tools.
- Authoring custom training content by using built-in or third-party tools.
- Training on regulatory compliance e.g. GDPR, HIPAA, SOX etc.
- Incorporating branding elements like logos, messaging, color schemes into LMS pages, templates, along with reports to promote brand awareness.
- Integration with CRM, HRIS and social media, collaboration tools, learning content management systems aka LCMS and more.
Boost Your EmployeeTraining Effectiveness with a Robust and Secure LMS
Indglobal digital’s technical experts are fully equipped to offer custom LMS consulting and development and to provide post-implementation support and user training.
LMS pros and cons
Examples of popular LMS software:
Cornerstone LMS- Suitable for large enterprises
Cornerstone LMS has gained extreme popularity among large organizations due to its scalability, configuration options and branding capabilities. It offers effective eLearning management and employee data management, along with extended reporting and analytics capabilities, built-in content authoring tools, as well as mobile training via the Cornerstone Learn App. This platform helps increase learners’ engagement as it can deliver multiple learning content formats e.g., audio, video, VR.
Canvas LMS- Suitable for educational institutions
It is an open-source cloud LMS that offers automated course assigning and scheduling, user profiles customization, lectures via Zoom or ConferNow as well as promoting collaborative workspace with instant messaging, video recording, and resource sharing among teachers and students. It provides rich functionality for online education in colleges, universities and K-12 schools Canvas LMS provides integration with Google services, as well as social networks, and LTI tools like Flipgrid. Canvas LMS offers an all-in-one educational ecosystem to streamline eLearning in the academic sector.
Thinkific- Suitable for small businesses, individual course creators and start ups
Thinkific is a cloud-based LMS which is popular for its user-friendly interface and rich capabilities. With built-in content authoring tools, along with a course creation tutorial, a template library to design various mini-courses and learning portal pages, and its integrations with PayPal and Stripe, Thinkific can be regarded as the best fit for businesses and entrepreneurs. The platform further provides advanced analytics due to its integrations with Google Analytics. Thinkific LMS is considered as a cost-effective solution for individual learning content authors as well as small organizations opting for content monetization.
HealthStream LMS- Suitable for healthcare providers
It is a web-based LMS designed to enable healthcare organizations to deliver professional and compliance training to health workers. The platform provides healthcare-specific training needs, such as role-based training on diverse medical disciplines, or flexible asynchronous learning, blended learning, and AR and VR training for improved healthcare learning visualization. The solution offers a course library of more than 20,000 healthcare courses, besides providing a built-in content creation tool with customizable templates. HealthStream can be a suitable option for healthcare learning because of its compliance with healthcare-specific standards like HIPAA and OSHAa.
SharePoint LMS- Suitable for organizations using Office 365 or SharePoint
In case your organization is already using Office 365 or SharePoint, you can easily build an LMS using the flexible SharePoint platform. It is fast to implement and deploy, and also it provides a familiar Microsoft Office-like interface, further contributing towards high user adoption. SharePoint LMS has an integration with Office 365 apps like Teams and Power BI, thus helping to align employees’ corporate training with their daily business tasks. It offers learning content authoring, creation of microlearning modules and several other rich social features.
Power ELearning with a Robust LMS or LCMS implementation/ modification
Our LMS consultants will help you with LMS/LCMS implementation, modification, or revamp to make your eLearning a success.
LCMS: its features and benefits
A learning content management system can be regarded as an eLearning platform with an objective to help instructional designers manage the learning content including authoring and publishing to in-depth content performance analysis with ease. LCMS allows content delivery to learners via integrations with several other eLearning solutions like LMS, LXP, or learning portals. LCMS further enables reusing the eLearning content as well as assembling courses tailored to different audiences.
- Rapid learning content creation through customizable content design templates.
- Real-time collaboration with eLearning content.
- Enhanced learning content search modules due to indexing and metadata.
- Improved personalized learning experience .
- Multiple languages and interactive content formats.
- Several Learning content authoring tools to create multi-format content, including text, audio, video, images, AR and VR content.
- Customized learning content storage.
- Single-source content publishing.
- Content translation as well as localization support.
- Compliant with eLearning technical standards such as SCORM and xAPI.
- Integration with LMS, LXP, BI and HR software.
An overview of the similarities and differences within LMS and LCMS:
LMS and LCMS share some features of eLearning automation, learning content management, or learning performance tracking, and compliance with the eLearning standards. Both these solutions can improve eLearning for delivering tailored learning experiences. However, the key difference lies in target audience, learning management capabilities and content creation capabilities.
|Target users||Basically Corporate and academic learners,along with learning managers, course designers||Primarily Learning content creators|
|Capabilities for creating content||Offers authoring tools with basic functionality||Advanced authoring tools along with extended functionality for custom content creation|
|ELearning, social learning, blended learning support, encompassing virtual and offline classroom-based learning, also course scheduling and assessment||Focuses on Learning content management|
Wrapping Up- LMS or LCMS- Which would be your choice?
Neither LMS or LCMS can be considered as a one-size-fits-all solution. LMS primarily focuses on learning management, and LCMS is perfectly suited for creating learning content. When opting for LMS and LCMS, therefore, you should consider the particular needs of your organization. Also, you should bear in mind the fact that these solutions are not interchangeable rather serve as mutually complementary eLearning software. If you wish to build and implement a robust LMS or LCMS, or if you are looking forward to developing an all-in-one eLearning environment on both solutions, feel free to ask for assistance from the Indglobal team.
Next Post ←
Points to Consider When Choosing a Reliable SEO Company
→ Previous Post
React Native vs. Flutter In 2021: Which Framework Is Suitable For Your Next Project?
Request a quote or Talk to an expert
We guarantee a response in 6 hours or less. And the best bang for your buck.